Thursday, March 3, 2016

Everybody's Irish!

Pin It



          Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today and I'm feelin' lucky to be here!  And, since March 17th will be here in the blink of an eye, I thought I would share a card featuring Finn who's here to remind us that everybody's Irish on St. Patrick's Day.

I made this adorable Irish Setter using a cut file from this month's sponsor, Paper Crafting World.  The file comes with his sister, Fiona, who is a bonny lass!



Finn went together easily with the color coordinated cut file, which I really appreciate.  I used Stampin' Up's Apricot Appeal on his muzzle and belly, Cajun Craze on his body and Really Rust on his ears.  His hat was cut from Gumball Green and his spiffy bow tie and shamrock were cut from Certainly Celery.  I cut his vest using digital paper from the Irish at Heart kit from Linda's Digi Creations.  I sponged the edges of the pieces with Cajun Craze which gave it a lots of dimension.

If there's one tip I would share with card makers it would be that sponging really makes a difference...it brings the pieces to life.  If you're not sure how you should sponge your project, PCW's cut files come with pictures showing you exactly where.




A dog this cute deserves a fancy schmancy card base, too, so I made an easel card...I call it a split front easel card but I'm not sure that's its proper name.  It's easier to make than an easel card and it takes less card stock as well; but still with the same look.  I used the same digital paper to make the mat behind Finn.  Notice the difference in the sizes of the plaid...it resizes itself when it's inserted into the cut file.




Inside is a panel of Very Vanilla card stock with a flourish and a shamrock I cut from the same Gumball Green.  I pierced a hole in the center of the panel and inserted a brad to act as a brace for the easel.  Behind the easel is a spot for a sentiment or a personal message.  I created the sentiment, inserting the same digi plaid into the IRISH.



Well, I guess that's it for me except to say, in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, "top o' the mornin' to ye" or afternoon or evening, depending on when you're reading.

Oh, and don't forget to enter this month's challenge here on Connie Can Crop..."Anything Goes" is the theme!  You have until March 31st to enter! 
KimVSignature

2 comments:

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets